Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Wow, where did 2011 go? Seriously? This past year just flew by for me. I think it's because I was having fun raising my little one and just enjoying life.

Did you make any 2012 New Years resolutions? Every January I make a list of several different goals I would like to achieve in he upcoming year. Sometimes I meet them, sometimes I don't. But I always try. 


I thought this was interesting - half of the people that resolve to lose weight, exercise regularly, or eat healthy stop around three months. Only one in every ten people keep their resolution for a full year. I think this chart could probably apply to most New Years resolutions. 


This year I resolve to continue improving my lifestyle (meaning it will need to last for the rest of my life, not just this year), which will include; eat even more healthy less-processed and organic foods, exercise more regularly, travel, work on becoming a Yogi (one who practices Yoga), learn something new, hike more, run a couple of 5K's, drink tons of water, do something kind every day, and laugh more. Sounds like pretty manageable goals, don't you think? I can totally be that one person standing at the end of the year (see the little green person above that feels accomplished and proud).

Good luck with your 2012 resolutions!

No comments: