Thursday, May 10, 2012

For The Love Of Fries

I LOVE fries! They are filling, delicious, and flavorful. No, I am not talking about the greasy, nasty French fries that cause weight gain and heart disease. I am talking about delicious fresh vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and squash cut into strips, seasoned, and baked. 

A few years ago I came across an article in a magazine about making your own oven-baked fries. It said to cut potatoes into strips, brush them with olive oil, sprinkle on seasoning and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (turning half way). They were delicious and I was hooked. 

All the "fry" recipes below are healthy and way more satisfying than the fries you get all your local fast food drive-thru (click on the name of the fry to get the recipe): 

Via Pixelated Crumb

Via Convections of a Foodie Bride

Via Skinny Taste

Via Our Best Bites

Via Spoon Fork Bacon

Via The Talking Kitchen 

Via My Recipes

Via Shape

Via The Novice Chef

Via iVillage

Via Can You Stay For Dinner

Via Oprah

Also, check out this recipe for Crispy Seasoned Oven Fries from Self Magazine and this recipe for Garlicky Baked Fries with Parmesan and Parsley from Shape Magazine

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

You're back!!! Hooray! My kiddo loves the heart-disease kind of fries. I'm going to have to give these other options a try. Yummy! :)