Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roasted New Potatoes


On Pinterest I found a pin for roasted new potatoes that looked amazingly delicious. Unfortunately, the pin led me to the website of a food photographer. Her photographs of food were beautiful, but there wasn't a recipe for her roasted new potatoes. So, I made up my own recipe and I will share it because they were FaBuLoUs! I found a 5 lb. bag of new potatoes (aka super tiny taters) at Costco that included baby reds, baby purples, and baby yukon golds (see each of them above). Here's the recipe:

16 New Potatoes
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Rosemary
1-2 tsp Sea Salt
1-2 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper

Boil the potatoes about 8-9 minutes until they are almost cooked through. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put the olive oil into a small bowl. Combine rosemary, sea salt, and cracked pepper on a small plate. When the potatoes are almost cooked through, rinse them quickly with cold water and then pat dry. Dip each potato (just the bottom) in the olive oil and then rub oil all over the potato. Roll each potato in the rosemary mixture and put on a parchment lined (or sprayed) baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: