Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Weight Loss Journey

It has been 10 years since I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers. Since then I have gained the 50 pounds plus more back. I have lost 10 pounds here and there but I always manage to find it again. I lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant with my daughter and after I had her I lost all the pregnancy weight pretty quickly. I was down to the weight I was before getting pregnant. Now, I have gained some back and have been struggling to find motivation ever since. I shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Farmer's Markets. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I eat a lot of lean protein and whole grains. My problem is I love sugar WAY too much and I don't exercise enough. I also work at a coffee shop where drinking high calorie drinks for breakfast has become routine. 

I love when I eat healthy and work out because I have so much more energy and feel so much better. But then I give into my sugar cravings (I'm like a crack addict for sugar) and my healthy eating and motivation go out the window. After I come out of the sugar-induced coma I am left feeling sick, low on energy, and my weight is back to square one. 


So, I decided that I would share my successes (and failures) on my blog. I will post healthy recipes and other tips and tricks I find along the way. I know that I will need to remain dedicated and work hard to reach my goal.

My plan for the first month is:
  • Eat healthy, all-natural, organic, and whole foods. I will cut way back on high sugar processed foods and indulge my cravings with a small piece of dark chocolate or frozen grapes.
  • Drink a green smoothie (or 2) daily.
  • Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
  • Work out 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes. I will be walking and taking weight lifting classes.
  • Have one meal out a week with dessert. It will most likely be at Chipotle, Blue Lemon, or Bocata, so I know it will be fairly healthy. 

No comments: