Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happiness Is...

...taking my 23-month-old fishing for the first time.


My happiness comes from living in the moment, from living each day to the fullest, from keeping a positive attitude and not sweating the small stuff. If something bad happens, I believe it happened for a reason. To teach me, to help me grow, and to make me stronger. The outcome of my happiness comes from how I choose to deal with the situation. Life is way too short to dwell on the negative.

But some of life's greatest happiness comes from the little things, like; hearing my daughter say "I love you," eating fresh pineapple, going on a Sunday morning hike with my family, watching my garden grow, enjoying a handful of Hawaiian Kisses (my wonderful friend brought me from Hawaii), and hearing that a Trader Joe's is coming to Utah (I had to add this one because I am so excited), just to name a few.

Life is way too short - don't forget to stop and smell the roses, accept the things you cannot change, live without regrets, and live each second to the fullest.

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

I almost called you when I read the trader joes news since I know you love it so much. Yippee!!!